- This position is required to conduct microbial tests of food products using established CSC protocols under the guidance of the supervisor.
- This position is required to follow established protocols for maintaining and testing stock cultures under the guidance and direction of the supervisor.
- This position is required to prepare media and maintain the auxiliary laboratories, such as the waste and glassware room.
- This position is required to support the set-up and data collection for Environmental Monitoring Program samples.
- Perform quantitative microbiological analyses to determine acceptability of various samples using 3M Petrifilm and Conventional Agar.
- Perform qualitative microbiological analyses of Environmental Monitoring Samples according to the client and Biomerieux's Vidas protocols.
- Assist supervisor or other team members with the preparation and analysis of on-going studies.
- Maintain culture collection of EMP isolates and perform necessary purity testing as needed under the direction of supervisor.
- Assist with the preparation of microbiological media and maintaining the waste and glassware room.
Education desired: BS Biology, Microbiology, Food Microbiology or related discipline
Years of relevant experience: 2+ in a microbiology laboratory in college - prefer some professional experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- The position requires proven skills at bench microbiology with good aseptic technique.
- This position requires the candidate to be capable of following directions and being fully responsible for work performed.
- The position requires the candidate to be computer literate and capable of utilizing complex analytical equipment.
- The position requires the candidate to be detail-oriented, well-organized with good verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires the candidate to be flexible and work with changing priorities and timelines.
- This position requires occasional evening and weekend coverage to meet business objectives - when needed.
- Preferred knowledge of and ability to work in Microsoft Office and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Preferred theoretical knowledge in molecular biology and immunology; PCR and ELISA technology.
This 10+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Alex: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #20-01550
W2 ONLY MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE
38,066.00 - 65,204.00 /yearWhat is this?