Reporting to the Benefit Exchange & Technology Solutions (BETS) Director, this position will focus on the development and strengthening of long term strategic relationships with Human Resource / Benefit Administration Technology solution platform relationships that support all of Cigna’s Buyer Groups and products as well as with third party Private Exchanges that support the Over and Under 500 Buyer Groups.
The current Team works closely with third party platforms to ensure through the growth of the relationships and focus that there is a strategic direction for improved efficiencies in the enrollment process, file transfers, contract negotiations as well as creative marketing and education to sales teams and brokers of the value proposition between Cigna and the platform vendor. (Examples of these HR / Ben Admin Technology Solutions include ADP, alight, Businessolver and Plansource.) For third party private exchanges, we work closely with Sales teams, Brokers and Consultants that offer our exchange or marketplace options to clients with over and under 500 employees with a goal to maximize membership and profitability from clients (O/U 500) that have made the decision to move to these exchanges. (Examples of exchanges and marketplaces include Gallagher and Willis Towers Watson - Regional, which are considered midsized because of their broader footprint, and Lovitt & Touché and Namely that have a more local geographic reach. )
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health management or related field; with a minimum of 8 years of experience in the insurance industry.
- Proven track record of developing solid relationships with third party vendors
- Ability to identify strategic needs, with little or no direction, resource key projects, and lead management with sound business direction based on market findings.
- Open minded and creative – seeks ‘out of box’ solutions.
- Sales/market facing, product development and/or underwriting experience a plus.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to ensure successful outcomes.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to lead/manage the organization through change.
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed.
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment.
- Develop and manage third party vendor/partner relationships to ensure ongoing growth in overall efficiencies, membership, revenue and earnings.
- Interact with sales, consultants and producers to gather market intelligence about products, pricing, positioning, value propositions, channel conflicts/opportunities to inform development / implementation of winning strategies and tactics on assigned exchanges.
- Communicate to sales teams (internal and external) as well as other impacted stakeholders in the organization about aligned third party vendor relationships.
- Results - Proven track record of developing successful relationships with third party vendors, exceeds goals and key performance indicators; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen, problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Strategic Vision and Agility - Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Matrix Management/Relationship Building – Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a matrix environment. Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization, and with external partners.
- Communication – Strong and effective communication skills; ability to create and communicate a compelling vision internally and externally.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.