FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated real estate and mortgage company with four business divisions: Asset Management, Mortgage Servicing and Origination, Property Logistics and Management and Real Estate Services. TOGETHER, the Carrington Family of Companies has the ability to direct a range of activities across the life cycle of single family residential assets. TODAY, Carrington seeks to deliver to investors and consumers a comprehensive set of products and investment opportunities in the single-family residential markets with the ability to execute immediately.
Due to our growth, we are looking for a Benefits Administrator to join our team in Aliso Viejo, CA!
The Benefits Administrator will be responsible for administering assigned corporate benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, supplemental life, EAP, FSAs, COBRA, etc. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Administer employee benefit programs, including eligibility determination, new hire benefit enrollment, qualifying life status changes, beneficiary updates, disability, accident and death claims.
- Respond to general employee inquiries on eligibility, coverage, and other employee benefit matters.
- Conduct daily routine benefit processing for: benefits enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims.
- Provide support with administering protected and personal leaves of absence including leave determinations, recordkeeping, compliance, written and oral communication with employees, supervisors and care providers as needed.
- Serve as contact for program vendors and third party administrators (TPA’s).
- Respond to inquiries of outside legal entities (such as social services, child support orders, court orders, etc.) in accordance to company policy.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable federal and state laws including, but not limited to, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, ADA, PPACA, FMLA, and various state leave laws.
- Coordinate benefit premium billing and payment reconciliation for carriers; submit check requests and back-up documentation to Accounting for processing.
- Liaise with all of Carrington’s various benefit carriers to administer plans and ensure data integrity.
- Partner with benefits team and Carrington’s broker to support the annual Open Enrollment process, related communications and presentations, and any applicable worksite wellness initiatives.
- Partner with Payroll to process and/or resolve any missed benefit premium deductions.
- Partner with corporate communications to maintain and update benefit related documents and communications on Carrington’s intranet site.
- Assist with audits and required state and federal filings, including annual 1094-C and 1095-C.
- Maintain employee benefit files and other record keeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of benefits administration experience including leave administration.