Adding Hematology Faculty at The Ohio State University!
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center (OSUCCC) - Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute expanded in December 2014, to become the 3rd largest cancer hospital in the U.S. The extraordinary success of this new 398-bed state-of-the-art hospital has resulted in remarkable clinical growth and has created several opportunities for Hematologists across the spectrum of subspecialties within the hematology field. The Division of Hematology is actively recruiting faculty physicians with clinical interest and experience in benign hematology. Academic rank, salary and start-up package will be commensurate with experience and funding.
Requirements: Candidates must be board-certified in Medical Oncology and/or Hematology, as well as be able to meet medical licensure requirements in Ohio.
About the Employer
The OSUCCC-James is one of only 48 NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, a designation that we have maintained through competitive renewal since 1976. The James Cancer Hospital provides a state of the art facility that fosters integration of research and clinical cancer care that includes a 36-bed blood and marrow transplant (BMT) unit. The Division of Hematology is strategically expanding in multiple disease programs to meet the needs of our community. Our diverse Division of 60 physicians, physician-scientists and laboratory researchers has a strong history of mentoring faculty in laboratory, translational and clinical research.
Our planned growth at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center/OSUCCC:
- Main campus: New construction of a state-of-the-art biomedical research tower, hospital tower, ambulatory center and Health Sciences building that will house the College of Medicine.
- Around the city: New construction of 5 ambulatory care centers in addition to 5 established ambulatory care centers up and running today.
Why live in Columbus, Ohio:
- 1.8 million population base and diverse cultural, sports, dining and recreational opportunities
- Recently voted the #1 IT city in the nation surpassing Silicon Valley
- Home to several Fortune 500 companies
- Ranks in Money magazines picks as one of the ten best big cities
- Third fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest: 14th largest city in the nation
- Booming real estate market
- Consistently ranked in the top ten in nearly every category: Economic growth, things to do, affordable cost of living, great place to raise a family
How to Apply
Applicants should send a letter of interest, CV and references to:
Kam Carlberg, Faculty Recruiter
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center/OSUCCC
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.