1. Current valid Texas Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record as determined by the Texas School Bus Driver’s requirements.
2. Ability to speak, read and understand English.
3. Able to operate all lawn and grounds equipment safely and correctly.
4. Able to follow verbal orders and written schedules.
5. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff members, Athletic Department staff, coaches, school administrators, maintenance personnel and the public.
6. Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.
7. Ability to work in setting requiring frequent walking, standing, climbing, stooping, heavy lifting and carrying.
8. Ability to work in setting requiring working outside and indoors, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces and ladders.
9. Ability to work in setting with exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, cleaning chemicals and materials.
10.Ability to operate a desktop computer such as logging into the system, entering basic information and completing online learning and development training.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Additional $1.00 per hour flex pay will be added to salary.
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2020-2021
1. Responsible for the lawn maintenance and upkeep and planting bed maintenance and upkeep. (Ex: mowing, edging, blowing, tree & shrub trimming, leaf raking and mulching of planting and flower beds).
2. Apply lawn chemicals and herbicides.
3. Daily grounds check of property for trash or other debris left in parking lots overnight.
4. Weekly maintenance checks on all lawn equipment (Ex: gas, oil check, grease, check mowing blades, belts, tires, cables, safety items and mechanisms).
5. Turn in Work Order requests for equipment repairs as needed.
6. Turn in request forms for Grounds supply items weekly.
7. Give written daily plan to supervisor for approval.
8. Prep stadium field for any athletic and client events.
9. Work scheduled stadium events and athletic events as scheduled by supervisor.
10.Keep supervisor advised of all property and field conditions.
11.Assist other departments as necessary.
12.Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or management team.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and around moving objects or vehicles. Exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals (herbicides and fertilizer), and loud noises.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
October 23, 2020 or until filled
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.