Bartenders/cashiers are pouring and/or serving drinks responsibly to guest, proper ringing of all products, and cash and credit card handling. They will ensure a positive guest experience and interact and service guests in a friendly manner. The department offers varying start times; however, all beverage operations employees are scheduled until close (midnight). Must be available all 11 days of Summerfest.
Age Requirement: 18
- Enters drink orders into point-of-sales (POS) system, collects payment from patrons for drinks served and makes correct change and/or processes gift card or credit card transactions.
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, and adheres to all company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Responsible cash handling required.
- Follows all point-of-sales (POS) and cash handling procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous high volume cash handling experience preferred.
- One to two years previous experience as a bartender in a high volume environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalency, preferred.
- Excellent customer service.
- Basic math skills with the ability to accurately calculate the total due for each order and make correct change.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills; order comprehension skills with ability to understand beverage orders and process payment for those orders correctly.
- Ability to work effectively with others – must possess a cooperative work attitude.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to remain standing for extended period of times or walk for varying length of time.
- Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift stock up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Bar environment - noise level may be moderate to high during busy times.
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold, depending on season.
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc., provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, national origin, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We also abide by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law governing employment of individuals with disabilities.
$12.00 per hour guaranteed (actual base pay rate is $2.33 per hour plus tips. Tips may exceed the guaranteed minimum hourly rate; typically $12 - $15 per hour for Summerfest)