BFT MASSAGE THERAPIST FOR MGH REVERE!3083657
Bulfinch Temporary Service is looking for a Massage Therapist to work at the MGH Revere Wellness Center. This position is up to 15 hours per week starting ASAP and is ongoing. Please note that this position is temporary and does not offer benefits.
- Review patient medical record prior to treatment session, including Wellness Enrollment Form.
- Ensure that patient has a completed Medical Clearance form from MD or NP, indicating that there are no contraindications to receiving massage and/or acupuncture
- If patient is coming for first visit, therapist is responsible for completing therapeutic massage or acupuncture Treatment Consent with patient and informing and educating patient about massage or acupuncture treatment, and reviewing and documenting cautions.
- Collaboration with health center staff.
- Provide massage or acupuncture sessions that include brief review of patient’s history, full explanation of procedures and techniques to patient and then treatment itself
- Communicate any patient concerns, comments, or symptoms that arise during massage or acupuncture session to Wellness Center Director and/or patient’s health care provider.
- Licensed to practice massage in the health center where they will be practicing.
- Completed training in an accredited massage school
- Member of American Massage Therapy Association
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCTMB) preferred.
- Ability to make appropriate judgments of the patient to provide safe complementary therapy.
- Understand patient’s needs and present information clearly.
- Professional and caring approach with patients in all phases of illness.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with a diverse population.
- Knowledge and practice of universal precautions, including hand hygiene and sharps disposal.
- Follows established procedures and policies related to the care of patients.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Demonstrates competencies specific to their complementary therapy role.
- At least three years experience in their field of expertise is preferred.