While overseeing the operation of the Business the Hourly Shift Leader’s Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Train staff members (alongside the GM). Ensure all training materials are updated and available. Grade all tests with trainees; have them re-test if necessary…File all tests in employee’s file.
• Complete new hire paperwork and send to proper department, setup new employees in POS System
• Review and discuss all shopper reports with all employees (if applicable)
• Enter Assigned schedules and “Complete” (do not Post) by Friday each week. Follow Templates and Budgets set by the Immediate Supervisor.
• Discuss inventory issues with staff each week.
• Train staff continuously on all products. Work with other Managers to ensure service staff is trained on new menu Items
• Fill out daily prep. Be proactive, know what is on special and don’t run out. Have a system in place so all managers know how to do orders, utilizing those par levels.
• Ensure all orders for food, beer, wine (where applicable) and paper are placed each week.
• Maintain cleaning lists. Follow up with staff to ensure they are following the lists.
• Ensure all equipment in kitchen is in good working order. Communicate any issues with the GM. Check behind any Preventative Maintenance work done on equipment; communicate with the vendors to improve service. Communicate any issues with the GM and Regional Manager.
• Seek feedback from the staff and managers
• Ensure all line spec books, prep recipe books, and line checks are accurate and up to date. Ensure that line checks are complete twice a day, and recipes are being followed 100%.
• Performance Management
• Hiring & Retaining Talent
• Leadership & Coaching
• Training & Development
• Guest Service & Atmosphere
• Guest Satisfaction
• Food & Beverage Quality
• Menu & Product Launches
• Deliver Results
• Planning & Execution
• Inventory Control
• Responsible Alcohol Service (When Applicable)
• Food Safety/Sanitation
• Hourly Staff
• Facility Maintenance & Cleanliness
• Safety & Security
• Scheduling & Staffing
• Proper Cash Handling
• Team Building
• Internal Standards Audits
• Manage Vendor Relationships
• To Go Service & Catering
• Local Store/Grassroots Marketing