- Demonstrate strong knowledge in designing and developing dashboards and KPIs in Tableau and telling a story based on insights from data.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on TSQL or PLSQL in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle. Should be able to write complex code in stored procedures or PL SQL.
- Be eager and flexible to learn new technologies.
- Communicate well and work closely with team members including Analysts, Product Managers, and business users to gather requirements, troubleshoot, modify, and enhance existing BI assets.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of data in dashboards, reports, data extracts and data warehouse.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting expertise to resolve data quality issues, dashboard performance issues, and database performance issues.
- Resolve database performance issues by looking at query plans, create appropriate indexes, resolve dead locks and create table hints.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain reports on OBIEE.
- Strong working knowledge in developing HTML pages.
- Evaluate, design, propose, and secure approval for all design and implementation.
- Demonstrate familiarity with working with multiple environments for development, testing, and deploying in production.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Follow the organization’s data protection and network securities and antivirus policies.
- May design, develop, deploy, and maintain reports on SSRS.
- May develop ETL packages on SSIS.
- May need to demonstrate familiarity with dimensional models such as SSAS cube and tabular model.
- May need to demonstrate knowledge of some shell scripting language.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, and attend training, conferences and seminars according to organization’s business requirements.
- Participate in Credit Union training and development programs.
- Perform other duties related to general employment and technical responsibilities, as requested by management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science and at least 6 years of experience in Business Intelligence solutions
- 3 years of strong working knowledge in Tableau
- 3 years software development experience on Microsoft BI Platform –MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS
- 2 years of experience using Oracle Business Intelligence tools
- Some experience in Data Migration from various systems to SQL Server Database
- Some experience in building Data Marts using dimensional models is a plus
- Some experience using Oracle PL/SQL
- Exposure to maintaining code/scripts in TFS for multiple environments
- Exposure to Cloud technology like Microsoft Azure
- Exposure to Big Data Technologies like MangoDB, NoSQL
- Exposure to DBA activities like database backup and restore
- Hands on working experience in Linux/Unix environment
- Knowledge of financial/banking industry
- Experience in working in environments with in various firewall layers
- Extensive working experience with Tableau. Tableau Certification and/or portfolio of dashboards is a plus
- Extensive software design and development knowledge
- Reporting and data warehouse development skills on issues that are complex and evaluative in nature where troubleshooting may call for referencing an advanced knowledge base
- Some data migration experience
- Hands on experience using Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Data cleansing and transformation for complex industry specific standards
- Data encryption tools and standards
- Exposure to XML and HTML
- Strong analytical ability/problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment to complete assigned projects in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, taking on several initiatives at once
- Standard office conditions
- May require work on weekends or other extended hours
- Critical system outages and system upgrades may require 24/7 coverage on short notice