Workfront, an Adobe company, is the leader in enterprise work management. Together, Adobe and Workfront provide companies a single system to support planning, collaboration, and governance to unlock organizational productivity and create exceptional experiences. Workfront helps people do their best work so companies can thrive in a digital world. Workfront is built for people, effortlessly connecting teams and easily integrating into existing applications and systems. The ability to see, measure, and analyze critical factors such as resources, outcomes, and priorities keeps everyone on the same page, with a clear understanding of why their work matters.
As part of the Data & Analytics team, the Data Engineer helps leaders and analysts throughout the organization access the data they need to further accelerate our growth. The team helps the business define analytics needs and translates that into actionable data models that are both robust and easy for business users to understand. This position will work closely with data architects, data analysts, and business groups to implement data modeling solutions to help better understand the business and contribute to a data driven culture.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs
- Architect solid data models which will provide actionable insights
- Demonstrate the functionality and power of data models to the business
- Improve overall robustness and efficiency of existing data marts
- Gain a deep knowledge of data sources, definitions, and business metrics
- Build data models that are easy to use and understand by business stakeholders
- Design and build data models which combine multiple data sources
- Express business definitions through SQL transformations and calculations
- Develop SQL code optimized for performance
- Document models, relationships, transformations, and definitions
- Experience working with multiple business groups to meet their analytics needs
- Strong understanding of data marts, data modeling, and related methodologies
- Experience working with star schemas
- Expert SQL programmer within a data warehousing environment
- Advanced SQL functions including windowing
- Experience with data lake or MPP database technologies
- Experience developing data models for use in business intelligence tools
- Experience building slowly changing dimensions
- Experience with data validation
- Exposure to Tableau, Power BI, Clik, Quicksight, or other BI tools
- Experience with Presto, Redshift, Snowflake, Dremio, Vertica, Greenplum, or Netezza
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with Linux, crontab, and bash
- Understanding of file formats like yaml, json, and xml
- Working knowledge of code repositories (preferably Git)
- Experience building sales funnel and marketing attribution data models
- Understanding of Salesforce, Marketo, Netsuite, and other enterprise systems
To us, company values are more than just words on a wall; they best describe who we are and how we get our work done.
- Genuine: We are sincere, trustworthy, and reliable.
- Exceptional: We’re committed to creating exceptional experiences that delight our employees and customers.
- Innovative: We’re highly creative and always striving to connect new ideas with business realities.
- Involved: We’re inclusive, open, and actively engaged with our customers, partners, employees, and the communities we serve.
At Workfront, an Adobe company, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized around the world. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. If you’re looking to make an impact, we’re the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog.