BI Developer, Jersey City, NJ (F/T) *actively interviewing/hiring!!!
Must be legally eligible to work in the US, company can not consider sponsorship candidates at this time.
Ideal Candidate / Crux of position: Want somebody with SSAS experience... job will entail duties that border along researching, testing and experimenting with how to go about implementing things. Must be proficient in Excel to know and understand the interaction with the SQL and the other Microsoft tools like SSAS, Power BI, etc.
The BI Developer will support the Business Intelligence / Reporting / Analytics capabilities of the Actuarial Department through developing and maintaining solutions in a variety of platforms primarily involving the modern MS BI stack (SSAS Tabular, Power BI, Excel-based Power Pivot). The role will provide advanced technical skills in the design, building, and maintenance of solutions. Great company, post 9/11 start-up, excellent benefits package, advancement opportunities, etc.
- Experience with Agile processes and methodologies
- SQL Server RDBMS
- Experience with relational database structures, including fully normalized operational databases, as well as dimensional databases, data warehouses/marts
- Design and create database objects: tables, views, stored procedures, functions
- Maintain security roles, recovery models & backups, performance monitoring
- SSAS / Power BI / Power Pivot
- Design tabular data model to maximize usability and performance
- Implement advanced measure calculations, relationships, hierarchies, perspectives
- Create dashboards with visualizations that communicate information effectively
- Data acquisition and transformation (ETL): SSIS package authoring, Power Query, Data Flows
- MS Excel – Expert Level
- Advanced formula authoring, array functions, dynamic named ranges, pivot tables, data validation, conditional formatting
- Integrate BI model with Excel via pivot table and CUBE functions
- Strong project management skills, including ability to work to deadlines and give realistic estimates
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relay technical information to non-technical users
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Ideally about 5-10 years of related experience
- P&C / Insurance industry experience is a plus
- Somebody that has been an Actuary or worked around Actuaries a plus
- Degree preferred
- Design, develop and maintain end-to-end Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting solutions for Actuarial Department.
- Understand, evaluate, and document business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specific BI solutions.
- Perform data modeling, database design and ETL development.
- Author complex measure expressions to meet business needs.
- Database maintenance: security roles, recovery models & backups, performance monitoring.
- Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting information from various data sources.
- Ensure integrity of data collection and utilization.
- Perform quality assurance checks on new or enhanced reports.
- Create data visualizations that communicate information effectively.
- Continual development of technical knowledge by reading technical articles & attending webinars.
Excellent benefits including matching 401K, bonus, ....