Veritude is currently seeking a BI Developer (OBIEE and Tableau) to work onsite in Westlake, Texas at Fidelity Investments.
BI Reporting is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer to provide oversight in planning, organization, direction and coordination of frequent, concurrent software and infrastructure releases for our platforms and those of our partners/customers. The Patch/Release Management practice of the BI Reporting services is pivotal to the stable delivery of projects to Fidelity's internal software partners and customers.
This role requires a well-organized, structured, process-driven individual to manage patching, change and release activities for the team. The role will be providing additional support to existing Patch and Release Manager. As the point of representation for our change management, you will be responsible for the coordination and communication of activities within our platform and work closely with IT partners and customers to schedule and execute their patches/code releases on our infrastructure. Accountability for all change & release communication of platform/partner/customer activities is core to the role.
- This person will manage the patch and release processes and ensure adherence to Patch and Release Management standards, procedures and processes.
- Coordinate with various operational roles and stakeholders to review, coordinate and manage all patches and release requests for the BI Reporting platform and our partners/customers.
- Leverage sound judgment and subject matter expertise to mitigate platform risks by adjusting releases and/or release management process requirements.
- Excellent customer service, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills combined with strong problem-solving acumen.
- Superior verbal and written skills which include negotiating, planning, scheduling, coordinating and prioritizing several hundred releases per month.
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress, fast-paced situations with a calm demeanor and spirited, collaborative attitude.
- Responsible for reviewing all patch related change requests to ensure they meet the established completion criteria and processes, and also review schedules of changes to identify time, conflicts, and risks associated with requested changes.
- Improve the process along its lifecycle