We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions Engineer on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position will be based in Boston MA.
As a Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions Engineer for Global Asset Allocation, your role is to be an expert in understanding our data, give it meaning and derive intelligence. We expect you to work closely with both peers and business partners to rapidly deliver high quality solutions drawing insights, knowledge and wisdom from our data related to Holdings, Trades, Research and Compliance among others. You will build highly optimized queries across large volumes of data for generation of dashboards, reports, visualizations, algorithms, and tools to seek interesting business problems for users across the enterprise.
The Global Asset Allocation BI Reporting team is responsible for building BI and Reporting tools that provide insights into fund management through Holdings, Trades, Research and Compliance, among others. The ideal candidate must be a confirmed teammate with a proven understanding of software design and BI tools needed to build solutions which aid the investment process. If you are a sharp coder; can identify problems in complex data; know the difference between clear visualizations and confusing ones; like to think of clever ways to solve tricky data problems; and you love engaging with people, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you.
The Expertise You Have
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Information Systems or equivalent technical field
- 5+ years of industry experience working with BI solutions
- A core skillset in OBIEE, Excel VBA or Tableau respectively (core skillset in more than one of these areas an advantage).
- Demonstrable experience with report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role
- Skills in developing interactive dashboards and impactful visualizations
- Demonstrated expertise with MS excel based programming using VBA
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL concepts and processes
- Knowledge of Financial Services is a plus
The Skills You Bring
- You are a strong contributor and ambitious with a collaborative work style
- You have experience with analyzing large amounts of data and provide visualization dashboards to tell a story based on the data
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to executives.
- You have an ability to set realistic expectations and prioritize within a dynamic and shifting environment.
- You have curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems.
- You are eager to learn and deliver in a fast-paced environment and thrill the users.
The Value You Deliver
- Building quality solutions which align with the technology blueprint and standard methodologies, solving business problems by driving design, development, quality and ongoing support
- Understanding your business user’s objectives, the metrics and visualizations that are the most important to them, and how to best deliver actionable insights.
- Recommending the right BI tool and implementation strategy given the problem statement.
- Coding reports, dashboards, and visualizations to help your partners gain insight.
- Learning from and sharing knowledge and skills with your peers to grow BI’s total impact to the organization.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.