We have a Senior BI Developer role with First Financial Bank in Allen paying $100-105K after a 3 month contract to hire that will pay $51/hour W2. I will get an answer to your questions and call back this afternoon. In the meantime, below is the job description. Please let me know your thoughts.
5+ years of hands-on experience in Data Warehousing and BI on Microsoft Platform developing SSIS ETL data load packages in an enterprise scale environment.
- Experience in complete ownership of building SSIS solutions from start to rollouts. Ability to translate the business requirements to Functional/technical spec.
- Documents all technical and system specifications documents for all SSIS ETL processes and perform unit test on all processes and prepare required programs and scripts
- Develop and perform tests on all SSIS ETL codes for source data systems and analyze all data and design all data mapping techniques (source-to-target) for all data models in Data Warehouse.
- Perform data quality assurance based on design specification, experience in data load strategies and Dimensional Data Modeling Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- 5+ years’ experience working with traditional as well as emerging Business Intelligence technologies (such as Azure, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, Excel)
- Experience in developing Power BI reports and dashboards is a plus.
- 5+ years expertise in at least two of the following areas: SSIS ETL development, Data Warehousing methodology (start schema), Business Intelligence, Customer Analytics and Financial Analytics
- Ability to create scalable, service-oriented and n-tier systems, structures and flows.
- Demonstrated ability to develop analytical solutions that meet or exceed the business needs
- Hands-on approach to working with data and working through technical data sourcing challenges
- Hands-on experience in writing T-SQL codes, stored procedures, views, joins and working with BI Stack, working with MDX.
- Experience working with data from Jack Henry (or other ERP systems) and CRM applications
- Eager to learn and build both technical and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Highly collaborative working style
Works directly with business leaders and business analyst community to understand and prioritize opportunities where data and analytical insights can provide significant business value
- Develop SSIS ETL packages, documentation and validate data load processes, ETL job scheduling, maintenance, debugging and support
- Provides analytical as well as technical leadership to the business analyst community, bringing new thinking and innovative approaches to solving problems
- Effectively scopes, sizes, and plans the development of analytical solutions and sets expectations accordingly
- Develops analytical solutions that meet or exceed the business need
- Creates relevant visualizations and/or documentation that aids in telling the story and effectively communicating new insights and headlines
- Summarizes analytical findings and makes recommendations on potential business actions to be evaluated
- Effectively communicates findings to business stakeholders who can affect change, and demonstrates follow-through in helping the business to implement change
- Works with BI team and other IT resources to effectively source required data domains; provides input and best practice approaches to building out effective data integration solutions which could include both internal and external (3rd party) data sets
- Uses a variety of technologies to design and build analytical solutions that support the strategic and analytical needs of the business
- Analyzes data, trends, and data patterns and applies statistical methods to real-world business problems
- Provides input into the on-going improvement of the data sourcing and integration layer based on best practice data warehouse, data integration, data modeling, and data management methodologies and approaches
- Astute on new and emerging technologies and technical approaches (Big Data, Data Discovery, Data Visualization, Data Science, etc.)