Octagon Talent Solutions is seeking a BI Developer for a contract. This person is responsible for the development and support of all standard and ad hoc reports for the Data Warehouse. This will include: Architecture, development and support of complex database designs of the data warehouse; Monitoring and pro-active management of databases, data warehouse and production environment; Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports.There is a focus on SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and Power BI as reporting platforms.
- Architecture, development and support of complex database designs, including data warehouses.
- Monitoring and pro-active management of databases, data warehouse and production environment.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports.
- Develop and implement standard and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Assist in design, programming, and implementation of systems interfaces between distributed information systems and corporate information systems.
- Field support questions or problems and provide resolution or refer to vendor and log all issues and requests for tracking.
- Solicit feedback from users on changes or enhancements needed.
- Insure accurate and reliable data integrity within and between all database systems.
- Ensure data standards are set and met across the organization.
- Communicate the details, requirements and status of all current and planned projects.
- Liaison to business owners of projects
- Facilitate interview and group sessions to obtain business requirements and participate in definitions of business rules and data standards
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts and systems implementation.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server tools (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
- Hands on Cognos experience
- Strong communication skills to convey reporting requirements and deliverables to management, staff, and vendors.
- Data Warehouse planning and analysis
- Relational/Dimensional Data Modeling
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends in data warehousing
- The ability to manage multiple projects involving many vendors and staff members.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines.