US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 8,500 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 35 companies and have expanded to more than 270 locations serving 32 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
The Business Intelligence Solutions Architect (BI-SA) will be in integral part of USLBM�s Analytics team in which the BI-SA will be responsible for the complete lifecycle and management of MicroStrategy project development and/or improving existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business. Using their expansive knowledge and experience with various business intelligence technologies, the BI-SA will plan, document, and execute on solutions which accelerate USLBM�s adoption of data and analytics. BI-SA is responsible for analyzing data requirements and developing complex logical and physical database designs and data models in support of enterprise information management. Additionally, the BI-SA will interact with business partners and leadership, to advocate, train, and problem solve in BI related topics.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as a Business Intelligence Solution Architect:
- Provide technical oversight for the development of integrated MicroStrategy solutions through expert guidance, review and validation of existing reporting and new solutions to ensure continuous accuracy and front-end ease-of-use
- Conduct code reviews to ensure that team's progress is done according to best practices
- Responsible for analyzing various data structures, SQL queries optimization, and report tuning
- Lead the BI team in developing strategies and roadmaps for emerging business needs and technologies
- Architect scalable, high availability Business Intelligence solutions
- Lead and participate in all aspects of data warehouse/analytical projects including conceptualization, design, development, testing, selection, deployment, and post-implementation support
- Provide technological leadership in the design, development and documentation of the MicroStrategy schema, public objects, and information delivery
- Participate in the migration of MicroStrategy projects and objects
- Participate in system upgrades, testing and capacity planning, configuring, governing, trouble shooting and tuning of MicroStrategy Servers.
- Plan, design, document, and execute on Business Intelligence projects and enhancements in various roles including tech lead, project manager, and developer.
- Plan, manage, and execute the transition of US LBM legacy reporting systems to the enterprise data warehouse and reporting solution.
- Develop business cases and ROI in order to get buy-in from senior management.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change our current Excel based culture.
- Work closely with Enterprise Integration Lead and Enterprise BI Lead in planning an execution of efforts.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Bachelor�s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of full development lifecycle experience within Business Intelligence & Data warehouse projects
- 6+ years of experience with the entire MicroStrategy platform
- 8+ years of experience delivering business intelligence solutions
- 8+ years of experience with OLTP and OLAP database models
- Experience with SQL Server and Oracle are required
- Knowledge of ODI, SSIS, Tableau, SSRS, Qlikview, and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure preferred
- Experience with dimensional data warehousing methods (Kimball Methodology)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies (e.g. agile)
- Has exemplary presentation and collaboration skills. Can clearly communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
- Very strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Very strong foundational computer skills (using new programs, troubleshooting minor PC issues, etc)