Looking for a strong Big Data Architect/Technologist, who can jump start a team moving into the Digital Development space covering latest technologies around Big Data. Plans and schedules the development, introduction, communication and maintenance of the corporate systems architecture including the applications, data, and infrastructure architectures and assures that this architecture is integrated with the business area architectures. May organize and control the activities of the section, may assign personnel to the various projects and may direct their activities. Requires excellent planning, conceptual, consulting and communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to interact with senior business area and IT management and staff solutions.
- Data storage - experienced in implementing Big Data technologies successfully in an enterprise;
- Knowledge discovery - advanced knowledge in entity and relationship extraction from unstructured data;
- Data governance - experienced in developing and integrating software allowing for flexible and scalable data transformation with data quality controls.
- Data analytics - strong backgrounds in statistics, machine learning and similar technologies.
- Data visualization - knowledge of tools that are cost-effective and make it easy for end users to better understand and produce reports and graphs.
- Hadoop Administration - Contribute to the evolving architecture to meet growth requirements for scaling, reliability, performance and security.
- Develop applications with Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, Data Access with Spark and Solr, Data Integration with Kafka, MSG Middleware and ActiveMQ
- Handled Team of developers in executing time-bound big data projects
- Interacted with multiple teams - UX, QA, Business Analysts and driving the product functionality
- Excellent communication skills, deep understanding of Data technologies & discipline to follow engineering best practices & processes
- Clear understanding of API concepts
- You are proactive and pay attention to the security, scalability, performance, availability and usability of systems
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough
- Strong experience programming lightweight code, refactoring, optimizing
- Value test-driven development, intelligent software design techniques and clean and clear coding style
- Follow coding standards set for the project, ensuring high performance and responsiveness
- Deep conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary concepts such as mobile development, cloud computing, social networking, BI etc.
- Capability to take risks and thrive in an environment of change
- Exhibit strong leadership and exceptional technical skills
- Solid understanding of web-scale architectural considerations such as security, performance, scalability, reliability, availability
- Ability to work independently and also with disparate and diverse teams
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
- Will be responsible for standing up a Mobile Development team and guiding the team thru multiple initiatives
- Contributes to user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Assists in the translation of business requirements into meaningful requirements or stories
- Contributing member of agile team(s)
Qualifications / Skills:
- 4-8 years hands on experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Storm, Spark, etc.
- Experienced Java/Scala engineer.
- Flexible, self-motivated, problem solver who can work both individually as well as an effective team player with excellent attention to detail and great interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent communications skills
- Be willing/able to work crossing boundary to reach best fit solution in real world cloud service
- Experience with Agile development (SCRUM methodology) desired
- Experience leading a team in collaborative development of prototypes for demonstration of concepts
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and typically eight to ten years of experience.
- Capable of negotiating successful delivery with business leads
- Comfortable negotiating and presenting to IT and business executives
- Capable of driving alignment across the technology organization
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178