This Federal Civilian Solutions Services Area provides guidance and support to its clients in the areas of program and acquisition life cycle management, information technology systems modernization management, applied telecommunications and networking, applied contact centers, and serves as a uniquely neutral technology clearinghouse and information sharing institution.
This team is building a behavioral analytics team to support a wide variety of client needs focused on detecting fraudulent electronic transactions/usage. Team members will work collaboratively with the Noblis data analytics architects and data scientists to design and implement an offline and near real time analytics capability, visualization and a near real-time dash boarding and visualization capabilities to support Federal Agencies in strengthening their security posture against fraudulent web transactions.
This role is for a Big Data Software Engineer / Scientist with exposure to Splunk, dashboard development and Hadoop.
• Apply a solid understanding of data flow and processing of large data sets.
• May write scripts to produce output products or reports.
• Provide analysis and suggest alternative technologies, architectures, and products that improve processing and analysis of large data sets.
• Develop analytical queries and workflow that incorporate both batch and streaming analytics.
• Apply familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem applications, notably Spark and Spark Streaming, implementing MLlib and h2o.ai machine learning libraries as well as GraphX analytical jobs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Info Systems, Math, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in software engineering and development
- Database development and application integration experience.
- Advanced knowledge of C ##, Java, Perl, Python, Scala and R programming
- Experienced user of Splunk or equivalent training in Splunk or other similar tool
- Familiarity with Hadoop specifically Spark and Spark Stream
- Familiarity with Splunk to Hadoop File System integration
- Strong analytic and creative problem solving abilities are required
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple aspects of a large scale project which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
10 - #LI-JO1
Noblis and Noblis ESI are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Over the past two decades, Noblis has consistently earned wide recognition:
1. Best Employer: We have been a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for 5 consecutive years (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014) including the three among the top 10. We’ve also been recognized by Glassdoor “Best Medium-Sized Company to Work For” for 2 years, and many similar awards in previous years
2. Business Ethics and Integrity: A “World’s Most Ethical Company” for 7 years by Ethisphere Institute, and a Finalist at the Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards
3. Leadership and Innovation: CEO Amr ElSawy selected to Executive Mosaic’s annual Wash 100 List, and as a “Tech Titan” by the Washingtonian Magazine.
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.