The Bilingual Associate Patient Advocate manages all aspects of the patient A/R processes including statements, collections, and responding to patient inquiries. This position requires good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Answer incoming calls from English and Spanish speaking patients.
• Return English and Spanish speaking patient calls daily and assist them with their questions regarding billing statements
• Resolve patient issues by researching the patient’s account and correcting insurance information, demographics, etc.
• Refer any patient questions about specific coding or visit information back to the client when needed
• Complete all aspects of statement processing for assigned outsourcing clients in a timely, accurate, and high-quality manner; processing tasks include, but are not limited to, statement preparation, submission, and reconciliation
• Resolve issues on the Bad Address report by calling patients to get their correct address and/or using online resources to locate updated address information
• Complete all aspects of collection processing for assigned outsourcing clients in a timely, accurate, and high-quality manner; collection tasks include, but are not limited to, collection letter preparation, submission, and reconciliation
• Conduct patient collection calls based on their collection status
• Log all client issues encountered in internal tracking system, including enhancement requests, bugs, errors, and inquiries
• Assist, train, and consult with other departments as needed
• Participate in continuing education of applicable software and hardware
• Participate in departmental and other meetings as requested
• Ensure that management is made aware of client issues or problems in a timely manner
• Complete other tasks as assigned by manager