ANDRUS nurtures social and emotional well-being in children and their families by delivering a broad range of vital services and by providing research, training and innovative program models that promote standards of excellence for professional performance in and beyond our service community.
The Bilingual Therapeutic Parent Aide/Case Manager is responsible for providing supportive services for children and their families who have been identified as at risk for child abuse and/or neglect. The Bilingual Therapeutic Parent Aide/Case Manager functions as a source of on-going support for the family and as a link between family and community resources. The Bilingual Therapeutic Parent Aide/Case Manager is responsible for providing weekly home visits, (2x’s week/1 hour each) for each family enrolled; each family receives three months of services. The Bilingual Therapeutic Parent Aide/Case Manager also assists in conducting screenings for the family to determine the need for additional services when needed; help the family manage stress and aid the family in attending parent support groups when offered. The Bilingual Therapeutic Parent Aide/Case Manager is responsible for attending case conferences and working alongside the Westchester County Department of Social Services to ensure optimal family functioning. Additional services provided by the Bilingual Therapeutic Parent Aide/Case Manager will include role modeling, emotional support, linkage to community resources and parent advocacy.
The work schedule for this role is generally, 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. The position does require flexibility and some evening and/or weekend hours.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years of experience working with children and families in a community setting or an Associate’s Degree with four years of experience working with children and families in a community setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer systems and navigate the internet
- Knowledge of county resources valued
- Facility in written and spoken English and Spanish required.
- Ability to adhere to our organization’s core values
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Physical Requirements:
- Climb Stairs
- Lift up to 20 lbs
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to HR-JP Department at 1156 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701 or email email@example.com or fax 914-965-3883.
ANDRUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.