Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Full-Time or Part-Time)
This position is responsible for rendering care for patients of the miCareHealth Centerunder the delegation of the miCare Practitioner(s). This position will also perform applicable office and clerical duties as related to the daily miCare Clinic operation. This individual must be bilingual (English/ Spanish).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General MA duties
1.1. UtilizesMedical Assistantknowledge and skills to perform tasks under the conformance of current and recognized techniques, procedures and standards. Includes but not limited to:
1.1.1. Office reception, including greeting patients, answering telephone, and direct calls to patients.
1.1.2. Documenting patients' demographics, history, symptoms and other significant information as directed by the Practitioner(s).
1.1.3. Medication administration.
1.1.4. Assisting with or performing procedures.
1.1.6. Managing patient flow.
1.1.7. Perform effective communication with miCare team and patient to ensure coordination of care.
1.2. Carry out Practitioner(s) orders accurately and directly.
1.3. Document provided care as required.
2.1. Inventory, ordering and restocking supplies.
2.2. Maintaining documentation and patient files.
2.3. Maintain a functional and clean work environment.
2.4. Maintain procedure manual, update as needed. Ensure consistent management to procedures.
2.5. Facilitation of Health Fairs/annual HRA draws/flu shots for participating employers.
2.6. In collaboration with Marketing, develop of materials for sales and marketing the miCare clinics.
2.7. Presentation to potential and existing clients.
3.1. Acts as a role model in demonstrating the core values in customer service delivery.
3.2. Provides timely and thorough follow up with, internal and external customers.
3.3. Appropriately escalates difficult issues up the chain of command.
4.1. Serves on committees, work groups, and/or process improvement teams, as assigned, to assist in improving quality/customer satisfaction.
4.2. Recognizes and alerts appropriate supervisor of trends within their scope of responsibility that fall outside of quality parameters.
4.3. Performs self quality monitoring in order to develop and execute plans to meet established goals.
4.4. Provides ongoing feedback to help optimize quality performance.
4.5. Collaborates with others and cross-departmentally to improve or streamline procedures.
4.6. Develops new or improves current internal processes to improve quality
4.7. Trains new employees as assigned
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program or approved state agency inFL
- Minimum oftwo years clinical MAexperience with strong phlebotomyskills
- Must be bilingual (English/ Spanish)
- Medical terminology proficiency
- Current BLS
- Working knowledge of computers and software including but not limited to Microsoft Office products
- Proficient typing skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, problem-solving, analytical skills and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize workloads multi-task and manage priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of protected health information in compliance with HIPAA regulations
**miCare Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer