“Serving Humanity to Honor God”
The mission of Methodist Healthcare Ministries is to serve by improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of those least served in the Southwest Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church
Bilingual -Clinic RN Supervisor
Wesley Health & Wellness Center
1406 Fitch Street
San Antonio, TX
- Implements revisions and ensures compliance with MHM policies and procedures. Formulates and implements policies throughout the organization.
- Supervises and coordinates patient care operations.
- Ensures that patient care plans are understood by patients, are consistent with physician orders and proper documentation is maintained.
- Oversees, assists, confers, evaluates, supervises, and counsels nursing staff as appropriate.
- Monitors and updates staff competencies.
- Plans and implements educational opportunities and professional development for health professional staff.
- Serves as a mentor to other nursing personnel.
- Provides expert professional knowledge and skill in a specific patient care clinic to develop the technical and professional skills of the multilevel nurse team.
- Develops appropriate curriculum, monitors and evaluates nursing process and demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Performs clinical assessment utilizing appropriate terminology and abbreviations to determine patient’s complaints and documents same in the medical record.
- Provides education to patient and family regarding patient’s condition and ongoing care.
- Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as appropriate regarding patient care, assessment, and teaching issues.
- Demonstrates ability and responsibility to communicate within the organization to support and improve patient outcomes for area of responsibility.
- Identifies the need for new standards, policies and procedures within the organization and across systems.
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations with regard to safety, infection control and general administrative guidelines.
- Completes medical record documentation and assists physician in maintaining medical record.
- Performs and delegates responsibilities to nursing personnel and/or laboratory staff ensuring these duties are properly performed.
- Prepares patients for exams, treatment or procedures.
- Performs venipuncture, blood glucose check and lab procedures, as well as inhalation therapy as ordered by physician or provider.
- Initiates and monitors intravenous therapy appropriately as indicated and order by the physician or provider.
- Identifies urgent or emergency situations and responds appropriately.
- Administers medications and treatments as directed by providers.
- Triages, assesses, and prioritizes patients to receive care based on acuity/ severity of symptoms presented, on a daily basis as patients arrive in the clinic or via telephone, and consults with the provider as necessary.
- Maintains supplies and reorders on a monthly basis and as necessary.
- Prepares reports as requested.
- Reports building system problems to appropriate building manager.
- Contacts and schedules vendors for repairs and maintenance needs.
- Maintains all receipts, packing slips, invoices, etc., submit to Clinic Operations Manager in a timely manner as applicable.
- Reports STDs, communicable diseases, etc. to appropriate agencies.
- Assists in completion of quality assurance checks.
- Assists in maintaining clinic in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintains educational resource center for patients.
- Works within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from clients.
- Collaborates with the Charity Referral department on specialty referrals generated by providers.
- Collaborates with Staff Development to ensure all personnel are performing test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Collaborates with Staff Development to ensure all testing personnel have required education and training for testing performed and that these sills are demonstrated and documented.
- Oversees quality control and quality assessment guidelines.
- Collaborates with the Quality Improvement and Performance Committee to ensure QC/QA programs are in place and are dynamic: to identify failures as they occur, to take remedial actions and document these; to report patient test results only when the system is functioning properly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Graduate of an accredited RN program. Three to five years nursing experience in hospital or clinical setting with two years supervisory experience. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze medical documents. Fluent in English. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions furnished in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read, analyze medical documents.
Certificates and Licenses:
Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State of Texas. BLS required.
Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and electronic health records applications.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a medical office environment having direct contact with patients and clients. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 25 pounds.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) and subcontractor(s) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
MHM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MHM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MHM's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MHM makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodation would impose an undue business hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate in the application process. We can be reached at 210-692-9423 or email Diane Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 1888-653-3968.
Alternative application methods are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact our Corporate Recruiter Diane Rodriguez at 210-692-9423 or email her at email@example.com.