|Title||Bilingual Dental Assistant/EDDA - Spanish - Starting pay: $15-$16/hour!|
|Description||**Must be bilingual in English and Spanish**|
This job exists to: Performs those duties to assist the Dental Director, Dental Operations Manager, Dentists, and Hygienists in the care and treatment of patients including proficiency with amalgam and resin restorations. Performs reception, chair-side assisting, inventory and dental records duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the dentists and hygienists in chair-side procedures routinely done in a general dental practice.
• Responsible for preparation and setting up of instruments, materials, and equipment necessary for each procedure.
• Responsible for the sterilization of instruments, and the cleaning and routine maintenance of equipment and work areas.
• Assist with front desk responsibilities as needed, including, but not limited to: 1) Scheduling and recall process; 2) reception of patients and updating patient records.
• Assist in processing encounters, billing and bookkeeping procedures.
• Identify related medical and/or social problems,
• Report inventory problems and/or supply requests to DATM/DOM.
• Provides exceptional customer service to make the patient encounter comfortable.
• Communicates concerns or problems with patient flow, customer service or quality assurance to DATM.
• Assist Dental Hygienist in the initiation and maintenance of the dental prevention and dental education program in an integrated medical setting.
• Assists with the training of new Dental Assistants or EDDAs.
• Demonstrate proficiency with amalgam and resin restorations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the clinic’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
o Knowledgeable of and compliant with all laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
o Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
o Cooperate fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as required.
|Requirements||A. Education / Experience|
1. HS diploma or GED.
2. Graduate from dental assistant school preferred. Dental certification required
3. EDDA Certificate desired but not required.
4. X-ray certification required.
5. Previous experience desired, but not required.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. High level of skills as a Dental Assistant.
2. Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community
3. Bilingual in Spanish
4. An ability and willingness to learn and expand abilities.
5. An ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with patients and coworkers. Ability to work in a team environment a must.
6. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to prepare and maintain charts, records, logs, and reports.
|Send This Job to a Friend|