Work in the finance department and customer service in general office/administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the accounting department in performing all Accounts Payables and Receivable functions.
- Inputs Account Payable data into the accounting system after all approvals have been made.
- Assists in running checks as directed by the Controller.
- Works with the accounting team to ensure that key bills where there is a substantial pre-payment or early payment discount, are paid on time.
- Ensures that no penalties accrue for late payments.
- Gets checks signed. Prepares all material for mailing, ensuring that appropriate copies are maintained and filed, according to departmental guidelines.
General Administrative (60%)
- Handles reception duties including telephone answering, greeting visitors, visitor’s signing sheets and other related duties.
- Works with vice president and controller in handling general administrative duties, including, but not limited to: marketing work, emailing customers, translations, researches.
- Able to learn other functions within the office environment including customer service and warehouse clerk duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Associate Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Advanced Excel, QuickBooks, Word and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Accounting (payables, receivables, general ledger, and billing) software
- Previous Experience: One to two years of bookkeeping experience.
- Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.