A leader of all Production processes. In charge of Safety and Quality food Production with the ability to train and motivate a group of employees.
Management of the production processes production of Weighing, Blending, Sanitation, and Packaging processes of the plant. The Production Supervisor is part of the team to develop, promote and support the quality initiatives through the plant to deliver safe, quality and legal product to the customer.
The goal of this position is to identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and implement effective processes and procedures to reduce operating costs and increase quality. The Production Supervisor is a member of the leadership.
Producing Safe Quality food Products on a timed schedule is the main goal of a food production supervisor. The supervisor needs to be aware of every customer's needs and be competent to adjust schedules to fulfill them. Personnel duties include managing and motivating production crew; sometimes on multiple shifts. The supervisor is expected to interact with sales and office personnel to anticipate demands for newly introduced or seasonal food products. Ensuring that production equipment is regularly maintained is also necessary.
The ideal candidate must have food manufacturing experience in a supervisory capacity. This role is also responsible for developing direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Direct responsibility for the production process to include: weighing, blending, sanitation, and packaging: timely production, packaging, labeling, and delivery of quality finished products to all customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that production productivity goals are achieved and that continuous improvement in the production processes is at the forefront.
- Knowledge of sanitation procedures is a plus.
- Ensures that all tasks are completed in a safe manner. Responsibility includes the enforcement of safety rules and procedures.
- Ensure staffing level facilitates maximum productivity with minimal excess labor cost
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of HACCP – SQF / BRC - FDA – OSHA, GMP’s.
- Provides a strong floor presence and understanding of the processes adequate to set the example for others to follow.
- Handles day-to-day production documentation, ensures its accuracy and timely input into reporting systems.
- Provides or ensures training to shift personnel to make sure all employees have the tools necessary for optimum performance.
- Utilizes data systems to identify areas of opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Champions all safety initiatives within the facility to ensure all safety goals and objectives are met, maintaining a safe work environment for all employees.
- Handles routine issues with regards to employee relations.
- Communicates and promotes ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others.
- Presents information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Manages the staffing levels of plant personnel and temporary employees.
- Completing all necessary documentation for employee absences.
- Ensures the highest level of quality for all manufactured products. Responsibility includes ensuring that all products are manufactured according to the formula instructions and are packaged and labeled correctly. Responsible for ensuring that the SQF site procedures are followed and enforced.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Five or more years of production experience in manufacturing with three or more years of experience in a team leadership capacity
- Prior experience in the consumer products industry or food and beverage with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulation desired
- Knowledge and exposure to TPM, Six Sigma, and various problem-solving methodologies
- Solid understanding of production processes, preventative maintenance, and budget management
- Demonstrated track record of leading, training, motivating, coaching and developing individuals and teams in a manner consistent with our culture
- Ability and willingness to respond to after-hours calls for critical issues and provide weekend coverage a few times/year.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to partner internally and externally to achieve results
- A strong leader who can work well under pressure, solve problems in a timely manner, understand the complete picture of the manufacturing process, and think strategically to support continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and delegate accordingly
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence change and encourage action
- Solid problem-solving abilities with the ability to coach and mentor others in this capacity.
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all staff.
- Bilingual English / Spanish a must.