About Clever Care Health Plan
- Clever Care Health Plan is a Medicare Advantage insurance company, serving Medicare beneficiaries in Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties). We have 2 California office locations in Westminster and Arcadia. We are passionate in providing best services to our members and healthcare providers.
- Clever Care is looking to hire Independent Agents as Medicare Sales Agents for the AEP 2021 Enrollment Project. This position will be an Independent Contractor - Fee Based. The AEP 2021 Enrollment Project runs from October 15, 2020 to December 7, 2020.
- CA license setup expense allowance: Medicare Sales Agent will receive a one-time $1,600 cash allowance to cover their expenses in obtaining CA license and other remote sales set-up costs. $800 will be paid to Medicare Sales Agent after the first successful enrollment of Clever Care members, and the remaining $800 will be paid after first 10 successful enrollments of Clever Care members.
- The Medicare Sales Agent is responsible for taking and making telephone calls with prospective members. The Medicare Sales Agent will educate prospective members on Clever Care products and enroll into product of choice over the phone or other sales enrollment channels.
- Free incoming telephonic and internet leads will be provided to the Medicare Sales Agent whenever he or she logs into the Clever Care phone system. Leads are available from 8AM PST to 8PM PST daily during the term of the AEP 2021 Enrollment Project.
- The position is remote based. Medicare Sales Agent will be compensated according to 2021 Fair Market Value published by CMS ($672/enrolled member for Initial Year for New to Medicare only and $336/enrolled member for Renewal Year).
Functions and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for:
- Selling Clever Care’s Medicare products.
- Customer Support – answer outbound and inbound calls from prospective clients. Conduct follow up calls to potential clients.
- Analyzing benefit needs to propose the correct plans for Medicare members.
- Complete enrollment into desired products.
- Provide a weekly report every Friday about the completed enrollments.
- Active Life and Health Insurance License is required.
- Bilingual in one of the following languages is required:
- Mandarin, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Thai, Bahasa, Korean, Tagalog, Khmer
- Proof of valid Errors and Omissions Coverage valid at the minimum required through 12/31/2020.
- Strong working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid and other government health programs/ income assistance programs.
- Experience working with senior citizens and low-income individuals.
- Experience working in Tele-sales (call center) environment. Strong understanding of CMS telephone marketing regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Home Internet and Computer or Laptop (a headset will be provided to the Medicare Sales Agent at no cost).
- Prior to selling, candidate must complete the 2021 Clever Care Product Certification and sign the DMHC Producer Agreement as well as the Business Associate Agreement.
Employment Type: Contract
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years