Meeting Street is a non-profit organization established in 1946 that is dedicated to providing services to children and families. We offer a range of programs in education and special education, childcare, social services and therapies throughout Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts. Our mission is to compassionately and innovatively empower children and their families to thrive by fostering the development of the whole child through our values of respect, compassion, integrity, inclusivity and excellence.
Learn more at https://www.meetingstreet.org/
Meeting Street's Outpatient Rehabilitation program partners with Southcoast Hospitals Group to provide pediatric therapy services to children with various diagnosis, disabilities and complex medical needs in Southeastern Massachusetts. Our licensed staff evaluates and treats patients in need of physical, occupational and speech therapy services.
About this Role:
Meeting Street is seeking a Bilingual Receptionist to manage the flow of our lobby area, handling both in-person traffic and incoming telephone calls at our campus in Dartmouth, MA. As a school and pediatric outpatient rehab, we have a number of clients visit us onsite on a daily basis, including children with varying degrees of disabilities and developmental delays and their families. As a Bilingual Receptionist, this person will communicate with clients and families in both English and Spanish languages as needed.
The ideal candidate will be welcoming while assuring that all visitors are appropriately checked in following current COVID guidelines. This includes answering phone calls for pre-check-in, coordinating with the provider to notify them of the client's arrival, COVID questionnaire screening and checking guests' temperatures. It is important that the Receptionist be able to acknowledge and align with parents' concerns while effectively communicating and enforcing health and safety protocol. There will be periods of high-volume traffic throughout the day as multiple appointments are scheduled to begin simultaneously.
In addition to in-person traffic, the Receptionist will answer all incoming phone calls on a multi-line system, routing calls to the appropriate individual and accurately recording messages as needed. They will provide general administrative support including tracking data, calendar management, copying, faxing, filing and distributing mail.
Scheduled Hours: This is a full-time benefit eligible position scheduled to work thirty-nine (39) hours weekly: Monday: 10:00am - 6:00pm, Tuesday: 11:00am - 7:00pm, Wednesday: 10:00am - 6:00pm, Thursday: 11:00am - 7:00pm, Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm.
COVID Response: This position is required to work onsite in a client-facing role. Employees and guests on campus are required to wear masks at all times. We have installed Plexiglas barriers to the reception desk area and provide sanitization supplies and PPE as recommended. We have implemented protocol for the arrival and check-in of guests and to the flow of traffic throughout the building in accordance with CDC guidelines. Any individual exhibiting symptoms will be asked to leave campus.
- Fully bilingual in both English and Spanish languages to communicate with clients in both languages
- Multitasking to assist and coordinate among multiple clients and service providers simultaneously during periods of high volume traffic
- Customer service focus to ensure a positive experience for clients and families
- Effectively communicate and enforce protocol while acknowledging concerns and reassuring families and clients
- Phone etiquette and professionalism with ability to transfer calls and accurately record and relay messages using a multiple line system and headset
- Fully bilingual in both English and Spanish languages is required
- 2+ years experience as a Receptionist in an office environment
- Client-facing customer service experience to a diverse population including children or individuals with varying levels of disability or developmental delays
Meeting Street is a non-profit organization offering a high-coverage, low-cost benefits package to employees working thirty or more hours weekly. Our package includes health, dental and vision insurance, FSA, Paid Time Off, 403b Retirement Plan and more.