Elementary School Teaching
Bellwood School District 88
Notice of Vacancy
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Bilingual Resource Teacher
FLSA: Non – Exempt
Salary Range: $45,359- $57,445
1. Valid State of Illinois Teaching Certificate
2. Spanish Speaking (fluent)
2. Endorsement or approval in Bilingual Education/ Endorsement, Early Childhood Endorsement. Elementary Education and/ orType 29 Certificate, .
3. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English and in the Spanish language, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
4. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to English language acquisition.
1. Provide student academic, linguistic, and cultural support in the classroom.
2. Facilitate and enhance communication, including translation and interpretation.
3. Build relationships with English Language Learners (ELLs) and their families.
4. Adhere to a weekly schedule of academic and linguistic support, created in association with school administration and teaching staff based on the needs of ELLs in their work sites. It is essential that all staff understand the flexible nature of schedules.
Instruction & Service Delivery Student Placement
- Welcome families into the school district, ensure all paperwork is completed and share the array of services available to the student to inform parent decisions.
- Assist English as a Second Language (ESL) Teachers and Bilingual Teachers with communication to families regarding the Home Language Survey and ESL status and services.
- Work with the ESL ensure ELL records are complete and current.
- Help transition newcomers into student life through social, emotional, and academic support. Collaboration with Teaching Staff
- Contribute ideas to the planning of the ESL/Bilingual instructional programs, including culturally relevant materials, resources, and ways of responding to students.
- Differentiate and obtain cultural background information relevant for instruction and assessment of student performance.
- Implement one-on-one and small group lesson plans created in advance by certified teaching staff to provide pre-teaching and instructional reinforcement.
- Consult with staff to provide possible cultural or language-based explanations to student issues. Classroom Support
- Provide support in core academic instruction with intention and planning in an inclusive environment, under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
Compensation: Established by the Collective Bargaining Agreementbetween Bellwood School District 88 and Bellwood Education Association.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the agreed uponTeacher Evaluation Plan.
Deadline: Until filled
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with this job. This condensed job overview is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Bellwood School District 88 may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
To Apply: Please visit www.sd88.org
No Calls or Emails!