ALL ABOUT OUR COMPANY
All About Kids was founded by Cathy Grossfeld in 1988, later joined by her husband Michael who are both New York State licensed Speech-Language Pathologists and have over 60 years of combined experience in providing and administering services for children with developmental delays.
For over 30 years, All About Kids has provided evaluations, individual and group therapy services, consultations, and service coordination for children. All About Kids' comprehensive offering of services and programs addresses all facets of a child's development and allows for better team coordinated and individualized treatment. We provide early intervention, preschool, school age, and autism services privately as well as through the New York State public funded EI, CPSE, and District CSE programs including the NYCDOE. We are proud of our history of 30 years of outstanding program and fiscal audit reviews.
ALL ABOUT OUR MISSION
All About Kids is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children and families who need our help by supporting early identification of a child's developmental needs and their access to quality services. Through intervention we facilitate individual growth and independence in the most natural and least restrictive environment.
ALL ABOUT OUR VISION
All About Kids sees a world where all children have access to intervention allowing them to live a full and rich life without restriction, where parents have access to the information and training they need to support their child's therapy and special education needs, and where disabilities, therapy, and special education can be openly discussed without stigma.
ALL ABOUT THE JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of one of the following educational or service coordination experience credentials:
- Two years experience in service coordination activities.
- One year of service coordination experience and an additional year of experience in a service setting with infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities.
- One year of service coordination experience and an Associate's Degree in a health or human service field
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a health or human service field including psychology, social work, special education, early childhood development, or other related licensed healthcare professional.
- Highly organized individual, including the ability to manage time efficiently, perform outreach, and maintain extensive documentation.
- As required under Early Intervention Program regulations, providers of service coordination service must participate in the introductory service coordination training session sponsored by the Department of Health
- Must be bilingual Spanish
ALL ABOUT THE JOB
The Service Coordinator is the essential point of contact between service providers and parents. This places the responsibility onto the Service Coordinator to help families identify and prioritize concerns, while simultaneously adhering to the timelines and procedures set forth by local and NYS EIP guidelines.
Service Coordinators will:
- Conduct home visits in accordance with the referral to the Early Intervention (EI) program and maintain extensive documentation to comply with state regulations
- Assist eligible children and their families in gaining access to Early Intervention services and other services identified in the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Manage the active ongoing process that involves coordinating the provision of Early Intervention services, and other services, such as, referrals to other community resources that the child needs or is being provided
- Facilitate the timely delivery of available services and continuously seek the appropriate services and situations necessary to benefit the development of each child being served for the duration of the child's eligibility through the Early Intervention Program.
- Facilitate the transition from the Early Intervention Program to the Committee on Preschool Special Education. If it is determined through the CPSE that a child is "no longer eligible to receive services", the Service Coordinator will help the child and family make the transition to other community resources.
ALL ABOUT THE PERKS
- Work for a company with over 30 years of experience in the field
- Fill up your caseload
- Make your own schedule
- Opportunity for benefits
- Ongoing trainings and webinars offered throughout the year
ALL ABOUT EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
All About Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment in decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO