Urbana School District #116
TITLE: Bilingual (Spanish/English) Teaching Assistant - Part Time
LOCATION: Urbana High School
SUPERVISOR: Building Prinicipal and/or Assistant Principals and Classroom Teacher
JOB SUMMARY: The teaching assistant works under the direct supervision of the teacher and under the broad supervision of the building principal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The teaching assistant shall assume the following duties:
- Provide assistance to students to help develop the student’s independence.
- Assist in carrying out lessons for individual children as arranged by the classroom teacher.
- Provide programs for students off school property if necessary (eg. Field trips.)
- Assist the teacher in routine paper work.
- Assist the teacher in clerical tasks, computer work, arts and crafts preparation, playground supervision, housecleaning duties, bus loading and unloading.
- Attend in-service meetings conducted by the teacher, district personnel or outside resources if required.
- Provide for special needs of individual students, including hygiene and restroom assistance if necessary.
- Perform all other duties and tasks assigned from time to time by the classroom teacher as it relates to individual students or the classroom.
- May include, but not limited to, field trips, vocational and aquatic center activities.
- Participate in professional development training, as necessary, dependent upon student needs.
Must meet all requirements for the position as designated by the ISBE to be issued a Paraprofessional license: 60 hours of college credit or an Associate's Degree.
2 years school-based experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solver
- Spanish/English bilingual
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Student contact days
EVALUATION:Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Urbana Board of Education’s policy on evaluation of non-certified staff.
START DATE: ASAP
NOTE: This is a position within the collective bargaining unit and is not an administrative position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
REVISED: September 2014