Elementary School Teaching
Bellwood School District 88
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NOTICE OF VACANCY
2020-2021 School Year
Title:Bilingual Fourth Grade Teacher (Spanish)- Grant Elementary 2 positions available
Reports to: Building Principaland Bilingual Coordinator
Pay Range: $45,359- $57,445
FLSA: Non Exempt
1. Valid State of Illinois Teaching Certificate
2. Spanish Speaking(fluent)
2. Endorsement or approval in Bilingual Education/ Endorsement, Early Childhood Endorsements and/ or Type 29 Certificate, .
3. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English and in the Spanish language, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
4. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to English language acquisition.
Job Goal(s): The Bilingual Teacher provides specialized instruction for the purpose/s of developing the students’ ability to effectively perform courses of study (Spanish or English as appropriate) and acquire the English language.
1. Performs those activities listed in the district’s classroom teacher job description as appropriate and applicable.
2. Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English and in native language of students in the Core Curriculum Content Standards, Illinois Learning Standards, Spanish Language Arts Standards (as appropriate), and Illinois English Language Proficiency Standards (IELPS).
3. Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with the district’s instructional program so that students meet and exceed learning targets and the requirements outlined in the state and federal law.
4. Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in content areas at levels that ensure learners meet or exceed learning targets, and allow English learners to meaningfully access the district’s instructional program.
5. Administers academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student’s progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition.
6. Maintains complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth and progress.
7. Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
8. Facilitates frequent and effective home-school communication by coordinating: conferences; written communication; parent trainings and other meetings/events; and administrative support for childcare, interpreting, translations, etc.
9. Attends professional development meetings as well as serves on building or district committees, and attends staff meetings as may be requested or as established by school policy.
10. Understands and complies with the policies, rules, and regulations regarding the education of bilingual education students. Advocates for the program needs that are required to meet the learning needs of bilingual students.
11. Performs such other and not specifically enumerated duties as may be requested by the Board of Education, superintendent, and principal or established by the School Code.
Terms of Employment: School year
Compensation: Established by the Collective Bargaining Agreementbetween Bellwood School District 88 and Bellwood Education Association.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the agreed upon Teacher Evaluation Plan.
Deadline: Until filled
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with this job. This condensed job overview is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Bellwood School District 88 may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
To Apply: Please visit www.sd88.org
No Calls or Emails!