The Educational Instructor(bilingual teacher) is responsible for educational services for children in an on-site children's residential facility. Responsible for the education and implementation of curriculum in the classroom for minors during their stay at the facility. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
- We have a well-respected staff
- We are proud to have one of the highest retention rates in the Homestead shelter
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive Pay
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health and Retirement Benefits
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave per year
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Bilingual in Spanish and English. (Read, Write, Speak)
- Bachelors degree preferably in educational field including but not limited to Spanish or English, social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as Microsoft Office products required.
- 1 year of experience providing education to children/adolescents.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of unaccompanied children (UCs) during school hours.
- Implement curriculum for each UC according to the academic level of the child and any particular needs he or she may have.
- Provide educational services based on the individual academic development, literacy level, and linguistic ability of each unaccompanied child.
- Interact with children in an appropriate manner, including playing games or during recreational time.
- The Educational Instructor will provide remedial education and after school tutoring as needed.
- Maintain the UC educational case file and ORR Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies close calls and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- The Educational Instructor must be able to ascend/descend stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, heat, lightning, and winds)
- Must be able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
- Must be able to stand; particular for sustained periods of time.
- Must be able to receive and understand detailed information through oral communication.
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.