Bilingual Youth Counselors needed to work in our Unidos Por Un Sueno program, located in Dobbs Ferry, NY!
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career that enriches the lives of children and families? Do you want a feel-good-about-yourself career with a revolutionary company dedicated to your success?
If so, then Children's Village might be a great fit for you.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, 401(k) plan after one year of employment, three weeks’ vacation, sick days, daycare, low cost housing, and excellent training.
Position Overview: The US Counselor is responsible to provide emergency counseling, initial case management, and day to day supervision and monitoring of UAC sent to the US Program. Specialist must be able to communicate proficiently.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; some college education preferred.
- 1 year child welfare experience required
- NYS Driver’s License Required.
- A genuine respect for and interest in children and their families of diverse racial and ethnic identity; an ability to form a therapeutic relationship with children and their families.
- Ability to put into practice all techniques of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (as taught in pre-employment training) and demonstrated respect for client’s rights and safety.
- Ability to demonstrate counseling techniques
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish.
Position is located in Dobbs Ferry, NY.
To apply online please visit our website at www.childrensvillage.org/employment.
Please contact us with any questions at (914) 693-0600 x1402
Recruiting a Diverse Workforce EOE -consideration without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
Youth Counselor / Worker