Family Service Association is a comprehensive private, non-profit social service agency dedicated to the development and implementation of services designed to provide strength and support to individuals and families throughout southeastern Massachusetts. Headquartered in Fall River, Family Service Association strives to increase the capacity of individuals and families to cope with the stresses of family life and interpersonal relationships in a positive, productive and health-improving manner. This agency is a leading provider of professional social services in the South Coast region of Massachusetts, with a 130-year tradition of high quality.
We have an amazing opportunity for a full time (35 hours per week) Billing Analyst.
For this position we are looking for someone that has experience with solving insurance claim denials and will put in place strategies for more efficient billing.
This candidate needs to be computer/tech savvy.
The Billing Analyst's responsibilities include coordinating with other departments, ensure that prior insurance authorizations are acquired ,research denials and resolve any discrepancies in order to ensure accurate billing.
- The Billing Analyst will work with other departments to develop strategies around how to most effectively and efficiently manage billing units
- Perform ongoing and ad hoc analysis to support operational and strategy decisions
- Analyze and review insurance claims and all third party claims.
- Eliminate processes that lead to wastage of time and resources and improve time cost effectiveness of the system.
- Analyze the bad debt accounts and calculate the total loss suffered by the organization.
- Develop and maintain reports, provide timely and effective information regarding trends reports for management upon request or on a regular basis.
- Produce charts and graphs to show revenue variances for analysis by billing manager of executive staff.
- Conduct root cause analysis and propose process improvement.
- Serve as backup for other department functions as necessary.
Education and Experience:
A degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is preferred. Experience with billing and/or electronic medical records is required.
This is a benefits eligible position. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vision plan, flexible spending account and 403(b), We offer a comprehensive time off package including paid vacation and sick time and eleven paid holidays.
Family Service Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.