The Billing Clerk reviews and resolves unexpected charges on invoices through system tools, communication with waste service providers and site level staff. The individual in this position also obtains credits due to confirmed billing errors with waste service providers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages and obtains credits for billing errors identified through audit as assigned. Requires understanding of contract and ability to negotiate quick resolution on overbilling.
- Manages and obtains credits for billing errors identified through unexpected invalid charges, schedule issues and missing information processing.
- Handles stop service issues related to short paid invoices, including escalation with vendor and communication to site level contacts.
- Researches unexpected charges on vendor invoices and contractual obligations for payment and pricing.
- Identifies internal data entry errors and escalates for quick resolution.
- Researches discrepancies related on, on-call, and scheduled services that do not match expected dates and review contractual obligations for payment and pricing.
- Identifies internal data entry errors and escalate for quick resolution.
- Researches and recovers missing information required to process vendor invoices.
- Acts as first level point of contact for vendor, client and internal questions related to short payments on vendor invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Intermediate level of experience with Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work through escalated items with both waste service providers and/or client level contacts including negotiations.
- Ability to research trends and identify patterns.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years of experience with invoice processing, contract review, or data quality control.
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service related field.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply” button. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Cass Information Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CASS) is a leading provider of integrated information and payment management solutions. Cass enables enterprises to achieve visibility, control and efficiency in their supply chains, communications networks, facilities and other operations. Disbursing over $60 billion annually on behalf of its clients, and with total assets of $1.6 billion, Cass is uniquely supported by Cass Commercial Bank. Founded in 1906 and a wholly owned subsidiary, Cass Bank provides sophisticated financial exchange services to the parent organization and its clients. Cass is part of the Russell 2000®.