Prestigious South Pasadena Law Firm is seeking an experienced legal Billing Clerk to complement our accounting team. The Billing Clerk will be expected to provide outstanding service to the firm’s attorneys, clients and others within the firm. The position requires that the individual must be very flexible and highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork and supporting firm and department goals in a fast-paced environment. The Billing Clerk will have overall responsibility of billing activities associated with the attorneys assigned to him/her. This is a high volume desk within a deadline driven environment.
- Perform full-cycle billing functions.
- Processing edits made by Billing attorneys on monthly prebills.
- Reviewing time entries on prebills and requesting revisions of insufficient entries.
- Pulling backup for cost entries reflected on the bills prior to sending the bill out for payment.
- Preparing and posting prebills and bills.
- Transferring time entries when necessary.
- Familiar with the electronic billing process is a plus.
- Familiar with the invoice appeal process is preferred but not required.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Position requires outstanding written and verbal communications skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to strategize, multi-task and prioritize.
- Ideal candidate has an exemplary customer service mindset, is highly motivated, and enjoys a team-oriented atmosphere. An ownership mentality, a commitment to proactive communication and exceptional follow through skills are absolutely essential for success in this position.
- A minimum of three years of law firm billing experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Juris, CMS, Elite or similar billing software is preferred.
- Must have strong technology skills, including MS Office Suite and an ability to leverage technology in work processes.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels
- College degree preferred