Our client, a top 10 US Property & Casualty Insurer, is currently seeking an Billing Clerk for a 5-month temporary position with the opportunity to extend. The position is located in Wilmington, Delware.
By working for our client, you will be exposed to a publically traded company (listed on the NYSE), work for a leader offering commercial, surety and personal insurance services, a firm with over 120 offices worldwide, work in a fast paced corporate environment and be an integral part to the Accounting team.
- Competitive pay
- Paid holidays
- Year-end bonus program
- Recognition and incentive programs
- Access to continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
The hours for this position are as follows
- Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Pay Rate= $18.00/hour
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Compile data, compute fees and charges and prepare invoices for billing purposes.
- Computing company charges, itemizing statements or invoices and computing payroll.
- Balance and reconcile batch control totals with source documents or computer listings in order to locate errors, encode correct amounts, or prepare correction records.
- Prepare itemized statements, ills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Reconcile and post receipts for cash received by various departments.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data and keeping other records concerning costs and shipments.
- Compute payroll and retirement amounts, applying knowledge of payroll deductions, actuarial tables, disability factors, and survivor allowances.
- Maintain ledgers and registers, posting charges and refunds to individual funds, and computing and verifying balances.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred. 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position firstname.lastname@example.org