he CSI Companies is seeking a Billing Coordinator to provide administrative support for the legal department. Tasks include but are not limited to invoice set up and review for compliance, administrative case maintenance with opening and closing matters, assisting with routing or assigning litigation and other related matters which are time sensitive, and similar administrative tasks in support of the Legal Operations Team. This position will report directly to the Head of Legal Operations and will have responsibility for:
- Inputting required information in case management and billing systems for the payment of vendor law firms;
- Interface with Accounts Payable for the payment of invoices;
- Review invoices for compliance with vendor guidelines;
- Troubleshooting and routing, as needed, issues and questions about invoices that come to the legal team;
- Interface with vendor firms and answer billing related inquiries;
- Assist the legal team in file management and in particular closing matters;
- Assist with and back up administrative tasks for the team including but not limited to routing electronic and hard copy mail items received by the team and processing service of process received for Bank, and related entities; and
- Collecting/compiling data for reporting.
This role will involve significant contact with vendor law firms and may involve some interaction with business clients.
- College degree or comparable experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize a significant volume of invoices and requests and to manage multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and independently and make effective decisions consistent with role and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with court documents and legal notices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Discretion and sensitivity – this position works with confidential information.
- 2 years of experience in an accounts payable department, accounts receivable department, in-house legal department, law firm, or accounting firm.
- Proficiency with computer systems or legal management systems.
- Proficiency with accounts payable systems.