Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Reporting to the A/R Manager, this position is responsible for designing and implementing the reporting and tracking mechanisms for the international Patient Billing System. Completes appropriate system balancing, programming changes and system security updates, as necessary. This position must have detailed knowledge of Keane, IDX, Meridian, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel in order to design the requisite systems.
- Assists in evaluating the effect of system modifications, assists in the development of project plans and monitors project completion for patient accounting system changes and upgrades.
- Provides day-to-day system support for JHI Billing and must be able to assist in identifying root causes.
- Generates financial and statistical reports, obtaining data from disparate sources after determining the applicability and accuracy of the information.
- Re-evaluates system functionality and staff usage and assists in identifying opportunities for improved efficiency through better processes and additional automation.
- Manages special projects as assigned; responsible for coordinating activities with others in the department to produce reports and other deliverables within the prescribed time frames.
- Minimum of two years of prior experience, either as an information services or financial analyst within a service industry or as a knowledge worker within the healthcare industry
- Exposure to using TQI methodologies to improve and monitor processes is essential.
- Must be able to use and interpret reports and databases originating from both JHHS and the JHU computer systems.
- Must generate concise, timely reports of departmental activities and/or variances from expected results.
- Analyze master files, profiles and table changes to ensure all changes are appropriately entered. Completes appropriate reconciliation processes, as necessary.
- Requires knowledge of accounting, finance and statistics principles as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Quantitative Business Analysis, Information Management or a related field.
- Requires strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access software applications.
- Requires basic understanding of healthcare industry issues and operations, including Maryland regulatory environment.
- Requires excellent analytical skills to assemble data that is responsive to senior management’s needs, providing pertinent analysis and recommendations, as requested.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.