BIM LEAD DETAILER
Are you a strong leader? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Looking to excel and grow in a fast paced atmosphere that will challenge you day in and day out - leaving not a dull moment? Then you may just be the future BIM Detailer that we're looking for.
We're looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about working on some of the most exciting, high profile, state-of-the-art projects in the country. This is an opportunity to BUILD your career, not just a job.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer or Construction Management recent grad with at least 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry who has course work in power systems and/or building systems and systems infrastructures. Our BIM Detailers have a documented career path leading to project management, preconstruction, cost engineering, design engineering, and quality control roles.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- BIM modeling of electrical systems
- Work under the direction of a Sr. BIM Detailers or BIM Manager
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines by BIM coordination meeting attendance.
- Adhere to BEP (BIM Execution Plan) and BIM project workflow criteria
- Follow BIM content standards and development procedures
- Prepare electrical model content for BIM coordination meetings
- Creation of shop drawings to provide to the field.
- Maintain a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Leverage BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate between disciplines
- Understand single line diagrams and electrical drawings.
- Regular field site visits with a possibility to be stationed on a project site.
- Work with the Superintendents and Field personnel to understand installation means and methods.
- Provide top service to our clients with consistent and concise communication.
- Knowledge of Autodesk production software (AutoCAD MEP, Revit, NavisWorks, APL, BIM 360)
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, state Electrical Journeyman certified, or 5+ years of field experience preferred.
- Dedication to learning, expanding knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
- Problem solving, acceptance of responsibility, and work ethic.
- Motivation to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Must successfully pass a background/drug screen.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contract