Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Modeler, Level II will provide modeling efforts for both project delivery and standards. This is a member of the production team that will create a majority of the drawings for a project and may function as a Model Manager as determined by their supervisor. Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be creating simple parametric families, utilizing shared parameters, creating schedules, and creating complex geometry.
The position will need to efficiently model and document the project. Additional training provided as needed to teach family creation, schedules, filters, view templates, and other tools as required.
Further work includes working with the Model Manager in developing Revit Families either for the revised standards or for a specific project’s needs. They will also be required to perform layout and input of marked‐up drawings into Revit in accordance with REI Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead modeling efforts on projects working with junior level modelers to complete deliverables
- Setup of Revit views for use by the REI Project team including electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and/or model.
- Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work sharing process
- Input of marked‐up drawings into Revit.
- Creation of minor mark‐ups and input of same.
- Fluency in the 2D and 3D space.
- Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades.
- Check own work for accuracy before passing on to others.
- Prepare copies and help make sets of documents for transmittal to other parties.
- Download drawings and information from the Web, SharePoint or project websites (FTP, etc.).
- Must have solid working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use by REI, including being able to create and manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters and similar Revit functions.
- Position requires a person with good interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate with others.
- Ability to take verbal and general written direction well and turn that direction into appropriate, working design documents.
- Ability to type, proofread, spell check work without supervision.
- Ability to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team, either via posting to website or the Internet or via hard copy.
- Fluency with all plotters, printers and reproduction systems used in house or on the job site.
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing files into Revit projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of total experience with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Fluency in the current version of Revit software employed by the Department.
- Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy.
- Fluency in Autodesk Navis Works, Autodesk Design Review and working knowledge of 3D layout and design.
- Able to generate e‐mail independently.
- Documents and archives work pursuant with the REI standard.
- Acknowledgement of any/all REI confidentially and/or Non‐Disclosure requirements pursuant to this position. The protection of Proprietary or Intellectual company property.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude,
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.