At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Biodecontamination Services plays a significant role in the Life Sciences Service global strategy and the Biodecontamination Services Specialist role supports this growing initiative on existing and new Customers. Key responsibilities are performing and leading teams onsite for STERIS’ Biodecontamination Service projects. Additionally, assists the certification technicians with routine certification and repairs of cleanroom, and devices.
Performs Biodecontamination Services as follows:
- Presents to Customers and within STERIS an overview of Biodecontamination Services and STERIS technologies (VHP, fogging, etc.) with the ability to discuss the solutions, applications, process parameters, safety aspects, technology features & benefits, consumables, and chemistries.
- Maintains a courteous and professional demeanor when working with Customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Follows Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abides by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Utilizes provided product and industry knowledge to assure Customer’s expectations of Biodecontamination Services are exceeded.
- Conducts onsite Biodecontamination Services facility assessments for potential or scheduled projects. Capable of formulating a STERIS Fumigation Management Plan for any bio-decontamination application.
- Complies with and ensures others comply with STERIS’s general safety standards, particularly those relative to Biodecontamination Services.
- Possesses the ability to lead and manage all aspects of simple and complex Biodecontamination Services projects using STERIS equipment, consumables, and chemistries.
- Provides complete onsite Biodecontamination Services support including project scheduling, coordination, logistics, set-up, execution.
- Works cross-functionally with Managers to secure resources for Biodecontamination Services project execution. Help and support overall equipment maintenance, preparation for service projects and organization of the equipment as needed.
- Broadens knowledge and experience through internal communications, documentation review, Customer contact, product development meetings, and attendance at training courses. Stays abreast of any market developments relevant to competitive activities and business opportunities and communicates them to the Biodecontamination Services team.
- Trains people on cycle development and works on a calculation to simplify the cycle development on site with all the information that is received from all previous jobs.
- Becomes familiar with and ensures compliance with all established STERIS Company policies and procedures. Submits all requested business and administration reports in a timely manner.
Certification Technician Assistant
- Assists certification technicians to perform routine certification and repairs of cleanroom and devices that contain HEPA filters. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
High School Diploma or GED
Vocational/Technical in Electronics or Engineering General
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.