The BioBank Manager is responsible for ensuring that all functions related to processing samples are completed accurately and according to SOP’s. The incumbent is responsible for helping others and ensure that customer interests are considered. The BioBank Manager is responsible for maintaining a high level of productivity and regulatory compliance.
- Set, maintain, track and communicate all goals and objectives- including individual learning plans, individual/departmental goals, and daily work assignments.
- Manage all aspects of operations department- including personnel, productivity, general inventory, departmental metrics, and resources.
- Enforce all policies and procedures- with attention to Quality compliance.
- Effectively communicate all departmental affairs as needed and provide data, reports, and documentation as requested.
- Communicate regularly with sales account managers and develop relationships with targeted clients.
- Oversees receipt of packages, sample data entry, accessioning of samples, labeling samples, and assigning storage locations to samples as needed
- Capable of responding to after hours emergencies to ensure integrity of the facility and products are maintained
- Ensure all service/process failures are identified, investigated, and resolved appropriately.
- Proactively manage and drive the resolution of client issues.
- Promote continuous process improvement.
- Recognize, escalate, and ensure resolution of operational, quality, or financial concerns of department.
- Write and present semi-annual and annual performance reviews for assigned staff including the initiation of commendation or disciplinary action as applicable.
- Initiate and revise documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Ensure all weekly, monthly, and daily maintenance is completed per SOPs.
- Promote culture of continuous process improvement by leading, participating, and implementing improvements.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience with bachelor’s degree or minimum of five years of management experience coupled with progressive work experience
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work globally across organization
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work environments
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage workflow
- Excellent computer Skills (MS Excel)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- University Degree (Bachelors, preferably in science field)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in FDA regulated industry (GMP or GLP)
- Previous sample management experience
- Central lab experience