Apex is looking for a highly skilled Biocompatibility Specialist for a REMOTE, project based opportunity!
For individuals with strong FDA regulated, medical device, Biocompatibility experience, target pay range is $90.00-110.00+/hour.
If you are qualified and interested, please send your resume to Nick, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Work from Home option!
Our client is in need of an external resource to conduct and report Biocompatibility Evaluations for a MDD Remediation project, New Product Development Projects, and Product Change Projects. This will include reviewing medical device materials of construction, intended use, etc. to evaluate the objective evidence needed to show the products are biocompatible according to ISO 10993-18. Since the consultant is certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology® (DABT), the consultant will also review and approve other team members’ reports.
- Advanced degree in in Biological Sciences or Toxicology or Chemistry with courses in Life Sciences or Bachelor’s degree with several years of work experience in biocompatibility/toxicology
- Understanding of principles, and techniques of toxicology and biocompatibility
- 3-5 years of experience in medical device industry or biocompatibility research organization working on biocompatibility of medical device
- Deep working knowledge of ISO 10993 standards for biocompatibility
- Ability to coordinate work through outside service laboratories (e.g. extractables & leachables testing and non-clinical safety studies)
- Experience with sample preparation, extraction, separation techniques for material analyses
- Experience in polymers and analytical chemistry
- Experience in instrumentation analysis – e.g. FTIR, HPLC, GC, IC, ICP-MS, GC/MS spectroscopic techniques
- Experience interpreting laboratory data and working with mathematical concepts relevant to chemical or biological testing
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals/literature, scientific procedures and regulatory guidelines and writing technical reports, toxicological risk assessment or biocompatibility evaluations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision