Bioinformatics NGS data analyst
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a/an Bioinformatics NGS data analyst for our client in Andover, MA.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsibilities will include activities such as developing a standard bioinformatics pipeline and assembly tools, ascertaining the parameters to detect agents and design databases, and defining quality control of data.
- PhD/Masters in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- Extensive experience with the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data
- Experience of building data analysis/bioinformatics pipelines including script and software development to support NGS data analysis
- Proficiency in a programming language: Java, python, R or related software. Familiarity with a high-performance parallel computing under Linux environment
- Expertise in NGS data quality assessment, visualization and NGS assay validation
- Understanding downstream analysis needs and frameworks to develop tools and automation system to enable analytical research and development microbiology teams
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communication skills to convey concepts to non-specialists in a clear and precise manner and advise on relevant software and tools
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) on a daily basis. Preparation or revision of procedures, documents, and presentation
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team with a high level of personal and professional drive and initiative
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including the ability to learn new software quickly
- Position Comments visible to MSP and Supplier: 3 years
- phone interview then F2F
- Next Generation Sequencing experience =must
- Next Generation Sequencing data analysis experience= must
- Degree in bioinformatics is highly prefered
- PhD= must
- 1-2 years of experience
- review NGS data and create a pipeline
- NOT Lab role
- collaborate with team, good communication, good writing
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.