My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Ridgefield, CT. Details for the position are as follows:
- Contribute to drug discovery efforts through analysis of multiple disease-relevant data sets, as well as development of core informatics pipelines and data organization.
- Strong scientific understanding and experience in bioinformatics Experience in pharmaceutical research and in cardiometabolic disease a plus Data analysis for “-omic” data sets from various platforms to identify new targets or develop biomarker strategy
- Data Visualization: Implement methods for downstream analysis, visualization and interpretation of genomic data sets (e.g., bulk RNA-seq, scRNA-seq )
- Data Integration: Analyzing diverse datasets (multi-omics) to find relevant drug discovery targets and downstream effects relevant to cardiometabolic disease
- Data Mining: Internal, collaborative, and public databases to assist in the characterization of liver disease
- Select, and benchmark methods and tools, define and perform appropriate QC measures
- Apply and develop innovative analysis approaches when standard methods are not adequate
- Interpret and present analysis results to coworkers and collaborators
- Follow relevant scientific literature to ensure use of optimal methods and understand emerging practices across the field
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret the outcome of experiments, propose appropriate follow-up, and may propose new avenues of investigation
- Automate processing and results reporting and delivery
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Complies with applicable regulations; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- Education: Master’s degree from an accredited institution with experience in a related scientific discipline (Computer Science, Genomics, Biostatistics or Bioinformatics preferred) OR Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with three-plus (3+) years of experience in a STEM discipline.