Biology/Chemistry Lab Assistant - Rolla
- Job Label:
- Biology/Chemistry Lab Assistant-2
East Central College has an opening for a part time Biology/Chemistry Lab Assistant at the Rolla campus responsible for providing routine laboratory tasks to assist faculty with lab preparations and disposal of waste.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associate's degree in biology or related field with equivalent coursework in Biology and Chemistry.
- Prepare materials and assemble, disassemble, clean and store equipment needed for individual and group laboratory experiments.
- Schedule preparation of lab experiments.
- Store and dispose of hazardous wastes using safety procedures.
- Assist in informing faculty and staff of proper hazardous waste disposal procedures.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets in an organized, accessible fashion.
- Enforce lab safety codes in all science lab areas to assure student and employee safety.
- Communicate with science faculty regarding special needs and maintenance of laboratory facilities.
- Maintain inventory system of all science supplies and special equipment
- Coordinate purchasing of all science supplies and special equipment with division chair.
- Coordinate maintenance of laboratory equipment (service or replace).
- Make appropriate recommendations for cost effective utilization of allocated resources.
- Maintain a reference library of scientific catalogs, instruction manuals, keys, troubleshooting guides, and operation and parts manuals for laboratory equipment and models as requested.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Minimum starting salary: $10.50 per hour; commensurate with experience. Free tuition for ECC credit classes. This is a part-time position, not to exceed 19.75 hours per week.
East Central College is an equal opportunity employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- Related Keywords:
- Lab assistant, biology, chemistry, assistant, college, union, community college, rolla, higher education,