Under the direction and supervision of the account manager or regional director, the Biomedical Equipment Technician I (BMET I) will perform a variety of repairs and scheduled maintenance inspections on various medical devices, using common hand tools and test equipment.The BMET I will be responsible for performing incoming inspections and associated data entry for all work and activities. This individual may be occasionally dispatched to satellite facilities belonging to the hospital and subject to minor travel.
- Perform scheduled maintenance, safety inspections and repairs to varying types patient care equipment.
- Follow safe practices relating to infection control, hazardous materials and mechanical loads and industry compliance standards.
- Maintain tools and test equipment.
- Enter work order data into the service database.
- Report any device problems that may impact patient care or patient safety to the supervisor for corrective action.
- Available after hours and weekends for scheduled on-call services.
- Associates degree related to biomedical equipment technology, electronics, military training or equivalent with a minimum of one to three years BMET experience.
- Computer science skills a plus.
- Training in a specialized modality is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of their residency.