The Biomedical EquipmentTechnician reports to the Biomedical Services Manager and takes direction fromSenior/Lead Technicians on various projects and work tasks. They workcollaboratively with other department managers and key staff members tocoordinate scheduled maintenance and repairs services, and other equipmentservices and tasks as they arise.
In this position you will have the followingresponsibilities:
- Provide scheduled maintenance, repairs and electrical safety inspections on patient care medical equipment under the general supervision of the Biomedical Services Manager.
- Work assigned varies in difficulty with some requiring specialized training. Services are performed on, but not limited to; life support equipment (i.e. anesthesia machines, defibrillators, ventilators, balloon pumps), integrated monitoring systems (i.e. physiological monitoring systems), key diagnostic and therapeutic devices (i.e. telemetry monitoring systems, surgical video systems) and other like devices at multiple locations within and outside Providence.
- Operate test equipment and other instrumentation in performing tests, inspections and repairs, and is responsible for accurately documenting these services on designated forms and within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Participate in the department on-call rotation, and frequently travels to multiple facilities throughout the state that may require an overnight stay.
- Perform all duties in a manner, which promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providence mission and core values.