* Promotes Parrish Healthcare's Culture of Choice--an engaged, healing work environment- by establishing a climate of life-long learning, continuous improvement, growth and development.
* Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
* Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates an advanced range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments.
* Advises the staff on proper use and maintenance of equipment. Communicates with vendors, technicians, physicians, managers, and other internal customers regarding scheduling of maintenance and repairs, status, and follow-up.
* Responds to major medical equipment failures which impact patient safety or patient care.
* Operates departmental maintenance management software program. Prepares and submits order requisitions in accordance with current policies, and maintains minimum levels of stock parts.
* Documents works performed, and test results on proper forms and logs. Maintains historical files on equipment upgrades and maintenance.
* Keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe. Applies proper safety procedures in the use of tools, machinery, and supplies, including the use of appropriate safety equipment and apparel.
Associates degree or equivalent required. Associates degree or equivalent required. Must be a graduate of a Biomedical Technician specific program or Military Equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
6 to 8 years hands on work experience in a Hospital, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or third party Service Organization.